EP267 - Deep Dive into Food Commerce with Matt Newberg of HNGRY
Matt Newberg (@thenewb) is the founder of HNGRY (hngry.tv). In this episode we deep dive into the rapidly changing digital grocery and digital restaurant industries.
- Changes in competition between grocery, QSR, and fast casual.
- Digital restaurant marketplaces (Door Dash, Uber Eats)
- Digital grocery marketplaces (Instacart)
- Ghost Kitchens (food industry version of private label)
- Delivery vs Pickup
- On Prem vs Off Prem Consumption
- Emerging digital grocery top-off market (GoPuff, Instacart, DoorDash)
- Amazon evolving grocery strategy (Amazon Fresh, Just Walk Out, Delivery)
Episode 267 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Tuesday June 16, 2021.
Join your hosts Jason "Retailgeek" Goldberg, Chief Commerce Strategy Officer at Publicis, and Scot Wingo, CEO of GetSpiffy and Co-Founder of ChannelAdvisor as they discuss the latest news and trends in the world of e-commerce and digital shopper marketing.