This episode is a hot take on Amazon Q2 2018 earnings
- Amazon Q2 Earnings Highlights
- $52.9B, which is a 39% y/y increase
- $2.98B in operating income
- $21.8B in Free cash flow, less $11.4B in capex, $6.2B in lease repayments = Net $4.1B Free Cash Flow
- AWS had a material acceleration up 48% y/y constant currency and profits were $1.4b
- Amazon Web Services – came in at $6.1b – 49% y/y growth (an acceleration from last quarters 48% growth)
- North America – $32.2B up 44% Y/Y, operating income of $1.84B
- International – Revenue increased to $14.6B (+21% Y/Y) for a $0.494B loss
- 53% 3P by Unit sales
- 3P Growing at 55% (constant currency)
- Wingo GMV estimate -> 1p – $37.6b/ 3p – $71b = $108.6b GMV
- Amazon Ad Business – grew 129% y/y to $2.19B
- Cowen estimates $8.6BN in 2018 rising to ~$37BN in 2023
- Amazon increasingly bypassing agencies to go directly to advertisers
- Increasing likely Amazon becomes first $1 trillion dollar company
Jason & Scot will at eTail East in Boston next week.
Don’t forget to like our facebook page, and if you enjoyed this episode please write us a review on itunes.
Episode 138 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Monday, July 30th 2018.
Join your hosts Jason “Retailgeek” Goldberg, SVP Commerce & Content at SapientRazorfish, and Scot Wingo, Founder and Executive Chairman of Channel Advisor as they discuss the latest news and trends in the world of e-commerce and digital shopper marketing.