EP033 - On Demand Economy (ODE) Deep Dive
What is the on demand economy (ODE)?
Consumer behavior that is driving the adoption of on-demand economy
- Bifurcation of Value vs Convenience
- Zero friction
- ODE TAM
- How big today
- Sample co’s
- Referral - thumbtack
- Owned and operated
- Business models
ODE meets retail - where and why do they intersect
- Uber Rush
- Google Express
- Blue Apron (ingredients)
- Uber Eats
- Food delivery
- Michelin Onsite
- Products that rely on services
- Target - Instacart (but stopped curbside
- Etsy ASAP
- 1hr delivery in metros:
- Ecommerce/Retail + ODE Examples
Takeaways for retailers
- Watch closely and don’t be blindsided
- Test partnerships - 1hr delivery good example
- If you have a product that naturally requires a service, self-disrupt
- ODE will change consumer expectations and ‘feedback’ into retail
Don't forget to like our facebook page, and if you enjoyed this episode please write us a review on itunes.
Episode 33 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Wednesday, June 22, 2016.
Join your hosts Jason "Retailgeek" Goldberg, SVP Commerce & Content at Razorfish, and Scot Wingo, Founder and Executive Chairman of Channel Advisor as they discuss the latest news and trends in the world of e-commerce and digital shopper marketing.