EP022 - Facebook F8, Channel Advisor Catalyst, Magento Imagine, and Echo Dot review
- Launched ChannelAdvisor Product Intelligence for Brands which gives brands actionable insights about online assortment, merchandising and pricing across multiple online channels to ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Expanded Where to Buy product to include new Buy Local functionality for brands allows consumers to find your products on retailer websites and nearby stores.
- ChannelAdvisor CEO, David Spitz, predicted that "Amazon GMV will surpass Walmart's GMV (w/o grocery) this year."
- eBay's Hal Lawton announced that eBay is returning to TV advertising which will be based on seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Googles Vineet Buch announced that "Purchase on Google" (Googles BUY button) is current deployed with 25 merchants, and that is likely to grow throughout the year, and open to all retailers by the end of 2016.
- Walmart partners with ChannelAdvisor to enhance it's marketplace.
- Alphabet/google earnings - April 21
- eBay earnings - April 26
- Amazon earnings - April 28
- Shoptalk May 15-18
- Google I/O - May 18
Episode 22 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Thursday, April 14th, 2016.
Join your hosts Jason "Retailgeek" Goldberg, SVP Commerce & Content at Razorfish, and Scot Wingo, Founder and Executive Chairman of Channel Advisor as they discuss the latest news and trends in the world of e-commerce and digital shopper marketing.